APM Terminals, Maasvlakte II, Rotterdam, the Netherlands
Bestshore Business Solutions were very proud to be invited to be a member of the Navis N4 implementation team at the APM Terminals, Maasvlakte II, Rotterdam terminal project, with preparations starting in fourth quarter 2013, and with the official opening of the terminal taking place in end April 2015.
Tasks performed by Bestshore throughout the project included:
• Configuration of SPARCS / N4 system
• Flow, performance and regression testing
• Systems integration support
• Establishment of user documentation
• Pre Go-Live, Go-Live and Post Go-Live support for production use of related modules
The APM Terminals, Maasvlakte II terminal, today, is the world’s most technologically advanced and environmentally and greenhouse-gas healthy container terminal running on a zero-emissions business model using renewable energy, and with an improved crane productivity of up to 40 % in view of the automation.
The terminal introduced, a world’s first, remotely controlled STS gantry cranes, and, on top, a fleet of “Automated, Rail-Mounted Gantry Cranes” (ARMGC) is positioning containers in the yard in a high-density stacking system.
Wind generated power supply facilitates that terminal operations generate no emission and are considerably quieter as compared to diesel-powered facilities.
Key data relating to the APM Terminals, Maasvlakte II, Rotterdam terminal:
• Total investment EUR 500 M
• Annual throughput 2.7 m TEU
• Size of terminal 180 hectares
• Quay length 2,800 m
• Water depth alongside 19.65 m